Containment Filters Tutorial
Creating a custom containment filter can be achieved by creating a new Eclipse plugin which implements the extension point com.agilej.model.api
- Switch to a new installation of Eclipse in a new workspace (to avoid a clash between working and deployed versions of your plugin)
- Install AgileJ StructureViews from the update site http://www.agilej.com/structureViews
- Do New - Project - Plugin Project
- Give your project a name such as MyJavaContainerTypes and click Next
- Deselect This plug-in will make contributions to the UI and click Next
- Deselect Create a plug-in using one of these templates
- Click Finish
- The Overview editor is shown
- Click the Dependencies tab
- Click the Add... button on the left
- From the plugin chooser dialog select org.eclipse.jdt.core
- Repeat for com.agilej.model.common and com.agilej.model.api
- Click the Extensions tab
- Click Add...
- Select com.agilej.model.api
- Then right click on com.agilej.model.api
- Select New - Client
- Click Save (it is important to save or the next step will not work correctly)
- In the Extension Element Details click the class* link
- The New Java Class dialog opens. Accept the defaults by pressing Finish.
- A Java editor will open on the new skeleton class.
Implement your containment filterAn example implementation is shown in the next section of this userguide.
When you have implemented your containment filter click the Overview tab and use the Export Wizard to deploy your custom plugin to your main installation of Eclipse.
Copyright © AgileJ Ltd. All rights reserved.